What are Medicare Wellness Visits?
The Welcome to Medicare Preventive Visit and the Medicare Yearly Wellness Visit (together referred to as Medicare Wellness Visits) are Medicare wellness benefits that help you and your Take Care Clinic board-certified Family Nurse Practitioner or, in select markets, Physician Assistant develop a personalized plan to prevent disease, improve your health and help you stay well. During the visit, your Take Care Health Provider will:
- Record and review your medical and family history, current health conditions, and prescriptions
- Check your blood pressure, vision, hearing, height and weight
- Provide you with a checklist to make sure you are up-to-date with preventive screenings and services that you need, such as cancer screenings and adult vaccines
- Offer recommendations and education on conditions and lifestyle issues impacting your health
Medicare Wellness Visits at Take Care Clinics are an easy way to do something good for yourself.
- We offer quick access to appointments, in some cases same-day, by phone
- There is $0 out of pocket cost for eligible Medicare beneficiaries*
- In addition to developing a personalized plan to prevent disease, improve your health and help you stay well, our Take Care Health Providers will even send a summary of your visit directly to your doctor
- Take Care Clinic’s convenient locations at select Walgreens make it easy to pick-up your prescriptions and other everyday products from the store– all in one stop
*For patients covered under Part B or certain Medicare Advantage plans with a $0 copayment. Patient must be a current Medicare beneficiary and not have had this service in the past 12 months in order to be eligible for the $0 out-of-pocket cost. Call 1-866-Take-Care (1-866-825-3227) to verify your eligibility. If your Medicare coverage is through a private health plan (Medicare Advantage), contact your health plan to confirm that this service is covered at no cost in a retail clinic setting.
Who are Medicare Wellness Visits Recommended For?
All current Medicare beneficiaries are entitled to one Medicare Wellness Visit every 12 months at $0 out of pocket cost. There are no copayments or deductibles for these visits. The Welcome to Medicare Preventive Visit is available to all Medicare beneficiaries during their first 12 months of enrollment. The Medicare Yearly Wellness Visit is available to all Medicare beneficiaries once a year after their first 12 months of enrollment.
If you believe you have a medical emergency, please call 911.